The Best Exposed Aggregate Concrete Sealers
Exposed Aggregate patios, driveways, and walkways are decorative stone surfaces commonly used in residential and commercial landscaping. These surfaces require a coat of a new sealer to provide protection and enhancement to the substrate. This Exposed Aggregate Sealer is typically applied every 1-3 years depending on the exposure and traffic.
There are many advantages to sealing an exposed aggregate surface
- Gives surface a richer color and added shine
- Protects from winter salts
- Seals from hairline cracks and pitting of aggregate
Sealing Exposed Aggregate is very easy and any residential homeowner can do this with ease.
Prep Aggregate First
- Clean surface with a pressure washer to remove dirt.
- If needed use a concrete cleaner to remove stains such as grease or rust.
- After drying for 24-48 hours, apply an exposed aggregate crack filler to any large cracks.
Apply Exposed Aggregate Sealer
- Using a roller, apply sealer and a spread rate of 100-150 sq. feet per gallon making sure not to puddle the sealer.
- Let dry for 1-3 hours
- If needed, apply a light second coat to even out the appearance or increase the gloss level
Maintaining Your Exposed Aggregate Surface
Typically it is best to repeat this process every 1-3 years to keep your aggregate protected and looking great.
Best Sealers For Exposed Aggregate
We personally like solvent based acrylic sealers for this. Here are our top products for this:
Questions on Sealing Exposed Aggregate? Please ask below