Maintaining Stamped Concrete 2023
Stamped Concrete Patios and Walkways have become increasingly popular over the last decade. These are decorative concrete surfaces that have endless possibilities when it comes to improving and enhancing your landscaping. Like any concrete surface, stamped patios should be sealed and maintained every 1-3 years.
Benefits of Sealing Stamped Concrete:
- Reduces UV Fading Damage
- Enhances Overall Appearance
- Different Shine Levels
- Seals from Spills and Staining
- Protects from Deicing Salts
How To Seal Stamped Concrete
- Clean the surface with a pressure washer. If needed, use a Concrete Cleaner to remove stains and spills.
- Let dry for a day or two.
- Sweep or blow off any dirt.
- Apply the sealer following the manufacturer's directions and spread rate. This can be accomplished with a high-quality pump sprayer or with a roller.
How To Maintain Shine and Look
Stamped Concrete Sealers may dull or lose they shine after a year or so. Using these tips below you can extend the life and look of your sealer.
- Apply a solvent such as Lacquer Thinner or Xylene to restore the look of the sealer every 12-18 months. This solvent will reset the current sealer, making it look like it is brand new. The sealer will still be intact but it can dull from dirt and Ultra Violet radiation. You can do this process 1-2 times before the need of reapplying the sealer.
- Reapply a Stamped Concrete Sealer every 2-3 years or as needed.
These simple steps will save you the money of sealing too often and the potential issues of over application.